Thursday, May 17, 2012

cucumber water.







(Top - thrifted, shorts - Urban Outfitters, shoes - Target, leather bracelet - gift from friend)

This top reminds me of the Greek myth of Clytie! Clytie was a water nymph that fell in love with the god of the sun, Helios, and eventually died from her unrequited love. The myth says that the other gods and goddesses of Olympus took pity on her and turned her into a turnsole (or sunflower, in modern versions).

Today was actually my photographer friend's (as in, the one that took these photos for me) birthday! We went out to celebrate with lunch. Yum. Afterwards, she graciously helped me take these silly pictures. Thank you, H, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY. :D

The magazine window display is quite cool, don't you think? The fashion department at my school puts together these window displays, and I especially liked this one. They're like tiles on a wall!

The last day of classes was today and I will be free for about four months after next Thursday. What will I do with myself? I need ideas! I also think it's bittersweet that it's ending, for this school has been a part of my life for the past two years. There will always be good things to look forward to, right? :)

2 comments:

  1. amazing photos! and you are so pretty:)
    happy b-day to H:))
    and 4 months? it's amazing, I will have them too if I'll pass my maturita exam next thursday!:D:)

    xx
    tynasjotter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely photos!
    and wow that window magazine system is sooo cool! love it:)
    and the salad looks so yummy;)
    aaand i also love your shorts!! they look so comfy when it's burning hot outside!

    ReplyDelete