Thursday, November 22, 2012
(Bunny sweater - Forever 21, shorts - Rotsaniyom, creepers - Steve Madden)
Home for the Thanksgiving holidays and I finally have time to update with a ~proper~ outfit post! It's rather haphazardly put together, but I really, really wanted to wear these shorts...
Hope you are all enjoying delicious food and good company! Happy Thanksgiving :)
Monday, November 19, 2012
What time of year? One of the twice-yearly occasions where you can beg your friends and family to purchase material things for you. Ahh, holidays! Of course, holidays aren't only about material things and conspicuous spending...but you cannot deny the sparkle you get in your eyes when you think of giving things to other people. Anyway! Here are some things that are on my wishlist of sorts...
Clockwise from left to right: 1. Jeffrey Campbell Everly. I am still a little obsessed with metal accented heels, and this bootie is everything and more. Cut-outs? Straps? You had me at hello.
2. Secret Garden Dress. This dress! I will most likely wear a bustier top under this, as I'm not gutsy enough to rock a black bralette...
3. Pearl Embellished Sweat. Ahh, Topshop! You constantly make me crave your amazingly cool pieces. Embellishment? The comfort of a sweatshirt? Count me in. A bonus is the amazing baroque detail...sooo pretty. Please find your way into my closet?
4. Lion's Head choker. Another Topshop beauty on my list, except from Nordstrom this time! Perfect statement necklace to get my outfits to roar ;)
5. Dior Addict Extreme in Riviera. I am finally making my lipstick obsession apparent. I just don't know why, it's the only thing I will wear on a daily basis. This one is a pretty coral shade from what I can see, so pretty!
6. Stolen Girlfriends Club Kriss Kross dress. Another SGC item I am in love with. Oh, SGC, why do you do this to me? It's on sale, so it's much more budget friendly! Really! How can you not love the detail on this seemingly simple black dress?
These are some of my top wishlist items and I hope you've enjoyed seeing them! Remember, the holiday season means giddiness and drinking too much Starbucks holiday flavor coffees..
Friday, November 9, 2012
Today marks the first birthday of An Ace Affair! It's been an interesting ride and I am truly grateful for all of the people who have journeyed with me so far :) Thank you! I would also like to thank the various friends who have helped in taking
Here's to another year (and more!) of sartorial obsessions and fangirl commentary! <3
Thursday, November 8, 2012
(Picture courtesy of Inverted Commas!)
I don't know about you, but beautiful illustrations always tug at my heart strings. Imagine my delight when I happened upon INVERTED COMMAS' beautiful Etsy shop! I'm a bit obsessed with the Miss Deer print...so pretty. So, if you're on the market for a functional tote bag to carry your things in, I'd highly recommend killing two birds with one stone by buying one of these bags.
1. They have beautiful illustrations on them.
2. They can carry all your things.
Even if you've already purchased one too many things (like me!!) and cannot splurge again this month, bookmark the site!
You can also find INVERTED COMMAS on Twitter or Facebook. :)
Monday, November 5, 2012
Sunday, November 4, 2012
(Colorblocked blue shirt - Topshop, tank - Forever 21, shorts - American Eagle, Shoes - Steve Madden, bag - Rebecca Minkoff)
Currently my favourite shirt in my wardrobe. :) It's so soft and blue and I love it! The oversized-ness of the shirt does mean that shorts get hidden out of sight, but...regardless, I consider it an excellent purchase.
Happy November! It's that time of year again. Even though the weather is unusually warm (again) and does not show it, the return of holiday flavors at coffee shops and ~holiday spirit~ is making me excited. I can finally start to layer sometime soon! Hurray!